Friday, November 22, 20138:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
251 E. Huron Ave.
Chicago (Google map)
On Friday, November 22, 2013, the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University and Northwestern Memorial HealthCare-NM Academy will co-provide the 16th Annual Oncology Nursing Conference. This highly visible and successful conference attracts over 250 oncology nurses each year from the region to discuss topics of interest in oncology nursing.
Peggy Gilbertsen, RN
This year's conference will focus on the following topics:
- Examine survivorship along the lifespan
- Identify advances in new drug therapy and clinical trials
- Describe the role of genomics in the treatment of malignancy in 4 disease sites
- Recognize the nurse's role in facilitating intimate conversations with patients and families
To provide attendees with an opportunity to focus on the clinical and supportive roles of providing nursing care to individuals with a cancer diagnosis.
Target AudienceNurses, physician assistants, advanced practice nurses, clinical research nurses, and social workers with a focus on hematology and oncology.
Provider StatementNorthwestern Memorial HealthCare- NM Academy (OH-375, 2/1/2014) is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Ohio Nurses Association (OBN-001-91), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Thank you to the following exhibiting companies:
- Amgen Oncology
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
- Celgene Corporation
- Eisai, Inc.
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Lilly USA
- Genentech USA, Inc.
- Medivation, Inc.
- Novartis Oncology
- Onyx Pharmaceuticals
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Sanofi Oncology
- Seattle Genetics
- Teva Oncology
- Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy
Approved Provider status does not imply endorsement by the provider, ANCC or ONA of any products displayed in conjunction with an activity.
Contact InformationFor more information, please contact Megan Cahill