Clinical Trial DRUG AG221-C-001
- A Phase 1, Multicenter, Open-Label, Dose-Escalation, Safety, Pharmacokinetic, Pharmacodynamic, and Clinical Activity Study of Orally Administered AG-221 in Subjects with Advanced Hematologic Malignancies with an IDH2 Mutation
- Principal Investigator
- Jessica Altman
- Status: Accepting New Patients
- Study Type: Therapeutic, Treatment
- Protocol No:.DRUG AG221-C-001
- The purpose of this study is to find the highest dose of AG-221 that can be given safely. Another purpose of this study is to find out what effects, good and/or bad, study drug AG-221 has on advanced hematological malignancies.
- Certain hematological malignancies (disease affecting the blood or bone marrow) such as acute myeloid leukemia (AML) or myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) may an abnormal type of protein in their cells. AG-221 is an investigational drug not approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that targets this abnormal protein. In cases where disease is advanced and does not respond to standard (FDA approved) treatment or has returned options for treatment are limited. The medical and research communities are always looking for promising new treatments which are experimental.
Some of the eligibility criteria include:
- Participants must be 18 years or older.
- Participants must have relapsed (cancer returned) or refractory (cancer did not respond to treatment) AML.
- Participants with other advanced hematologic malignancies may be eligible. Contact the study doctor for more details.
- Description of Treatment
- Participants will take AG-221 twice a day orally (by mouth) for 28 days (1 cycle). Participants will continue to receive AG-221 in cycles until disease worsens or the study doctor feels it is in their best interest to stop.
- Sara Duffey
Clinical Research and Education Specialist
Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center
Find Related Clinical Trials
Browse by Disease Sites
Other Clinical Trials by Jessica Altman
- A Phase I, Multi-Center, Single Arm, Open-Label Study of Mocetinostat (MGCD0103) in Combination with Azacitidine in Subjects with Intermediate or High Risk Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS)
- A Phase I, Open, Cohort Dose Escalation Trial with BI 836858 in Patients with Refractory or Relapsed Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- A Phase 1/2 Open-Label, Dose Escalation Study Investigating the Safety, Tolerability, Pharmacokinetics, and Pharmacodynamics of ASP2215 in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- A Phase 1, Multicenter, Open-Label, Dose-Escalation, Safety, Pharmacokinetic, Pharmacodynamic, and Clinical Activity Study of Orally Administered AG-120 in Subjects with Advanced Hematologic Malignancies with an IDH1 Mutation
- A Phase 1B Study to Evaluate the Safety and Preliminary Efficacy of Pf-04449913, an Oral Hedgehog Inhibitor, in Combination with Intensive Chemotherapy, Low Dose ARA-C or Decitabine in Patients with Acute Myeloid Leukemia or High-Risk Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- A Phase IIa, Multicenter, Open-Label Study Designed to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of Escalating Doses of BL-8040 in Adult Subjects with Relapsed/Refractory Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Open-Label Single Arm Phase 2 Study Evaluating Dasatinib Therapy Discontinuation In Patients With Chronic Phase Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CP-CML) With Stable Complete Molecular Response (CMR) DASFREE
- A Phase 1 Study of CSL362 (Anti-IL3Ra / Anti-CD123 Monoclonal Antibody) in Patients with CD123+ Acute Myeloid Leukemia in Complete Remission or Complete Remission with Incomplete Platelet Recovery at High Risk for Early Relapse
- A Randomized Phase II Study of Oral Sapacitabine in Elderly Patients with Acute Myeloid Leukemia Previously Untreated or in First Relapse
- A Phase III Randomized Study of Oral Sapacitabine in Elderly Patients with Newly Diagnosed Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- A Phase 1, Open-Label, Dose Escalation and Expanded Cohort, Continuous Intravenous Infusion, Multicenter Study of the Safety, Tolerability, Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of EPZ-5676 in Treatment Relapsed/Refractory Patients with Leukemias Involving Translocations of the MLL Gene at 11q23 or Advanced Hematologic Malignancies
- Phase III Randomized Trial of Clofarabine as Induction and Post-Remission Therapy vs. Standard Daunorubicin & Cytarabine Induction and Intermediate Dose Cytarabine Post-Remission Therapy, Followed by Decitabine Maintenance vs. Observation in Newly-Diagnosed Acute Myeloid Leukemia in Older Adults (Age = 60 Years)
- A Phase I Study of Metformin and Cytarabine for the Treatment of Relapsed/Refractory Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Phase II Study of Combined Tretinoin and Arsenic Trioxide for Patients with Newly Diagnosed Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia Followed by Risk-Adapted Postremission Therapy
- A Phase II Study of the BRAF Inhibitor, Vemurafenib, in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Hairy Cell Leukemia
- A Randomized Phase III Study of Standard Cytarabine plus Daunorubicin (7+3) Therapy or Idarubicin with High Dose Cytarabine (IA) versus IA with Vorinostat (IA+V) in Younger Patients with Previously Untreated Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML)
last updated: 21-Oct-14 10:04 AM
Clinical trial availability changes frequently. Please check this site often for updates or call 312.695.1102 for personal assistance.