Clinical Trial DRUG AC220-007
- A Phase 3 Open-Label Randomized Study of Quizartinib (Ac220) Monotherapy versus Salvage Chemotherapy in Subjects with FLT3-ITD Positive Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Refractory to or Relapsed After First-Line Treatment With or Without Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation (HSCT) Consolidation
- Principal Investigator
- Jessica Altman
- Status: Accepting New Patients
- Study Type: Therapeutic, Treatment
- Protocol No:.DRUG AC220-007
- The purpose of this study is to evaluate the effectiveness of quizartinib when it is compared to standard forms of chemotherapy used in treating acute myeloid leukemia (AML).
- This study is for patients who have AML and who also have an alteration (or mutation) to part of their genetic material that may worsen their prognosis. This mutation is known as FLT3-ITD. Quizartinib changes the activity of the mutation and this study is designed to evaluate its effectiveness when it is compared to standard forms of chemotherapy used in treating AML. In previous studies, some patients who received quizartinib had either complete or partial remission of their AML.
Some of the eligibility criteria include:
- Participants must have AML that has either not responded to treatment or got worse after their initial treatment.
- Participants must be 18 or older.
- Description of Treatment
- Participants in this study will be randomly selected to receive either quizartinib or standard chemotherapy. Treatment will be divided into 28-day periods, called cycles. Participants assigned to quizartinib will take this study drug every day during the treatment cycles. This drug is taken orally (by mouth). Those assigned to standard chemotherapy will be given standard treatment as determined by the participant and the study doctor.
- Sara Duffey
Clinical Research and Education Specialist
Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center
Find Related Clinical Trials
Browse by Disease Sites
Other Clinical Trials by Jessica Altman
- A Phase I, Multi-Center, Single Arm, Open-Label Study of Mocetinostat (MGCD0103) in Combination with Azacitidine in Subjects with Intermediate or High Risk Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS)
- A Phase I, Open, Cohort Dose Escalation Trial with BI 836858 in Patients with Refractory or Relapsed Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- A Phase 1/2 Open-Label, Dose Escalation Study Investigating the Safety, Tolerability, Pharmacokinetics, and Pharmacodynamics of ASP2215 in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- A Phase 1, Multicenter, Open-Label, Dose-Escalation, Safety, Pharmacokinetic, Pharmacodynamic, and Clinical Activity Study of Orally Administered AG-120 in Subjects with Advanced Hematologic Malignancies with an IDH1 Mutation
- A Phase 1, Multicenter, Open-Label, Dose-Escalation, Safety, Pharmacokinetic, Pharmacodynamic, and Clinical Activity Study of Orally Administered AG-221 in Subjects with Advanced Hematologic Malignancies with an IDH2 Mutation
- A Phase 1B Study to Evaluate the Safety and Preliminary Efficacy of Pf-04449913, an Oral Hedgehog Inhibitor, in Combination with Intensive Chemotherapy, Low Dose ARA-C or Decitabine in Patients with Acute Myeloid Leukemia or High-Risk Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- A Phase IIa, Multicenter, Open-Label Study Designed to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of Escalating Doses of BL-8040 in Adult Subjects with Relapsed/Refractory Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Open-Label Single Arm Phase 2 Study Evaluating Dasatinib Therapy Discontinuation In Patients With Chronic Phase Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CP-CML) With Stable Complete Molecular Response (CMR) DASFREE
- A Phase 1 Study of CSL362 (Anti-IL3Ra / Anti-CD123 Monoclonal Antibody) in Patients with CD123+ Acute Myeloid Leukemia in Complete Remission or Complete Remission with Incomplete Platelet Recovery at High Risk for Early Relapse
- A Randomized Phase II Study of Oral Sapacitabine in Elderly Patients with Acute Myeloid Leukemia Previously Untreated or in First Relapse
- A Phase III Randomized Study of Oral Sapacitabine in Elderly Patients with Newly Diagnosed Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- A Phase 1, Open-Label, Dose Escalation and Expanded Cohort, Continuous Intravenous Infusion, Multicenter Study of the Safety, Tolerability, Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of EPZ-5676 in Treatment Relapsed/Refractory Patients with Leukemias Involving Translocations of the MLL Gene at 11q23 or Advanced Hematologic Malignancies
- Phase III Randomized Trial of Clofarabine as Induction and Post-Remission Therapy vs. Standard Daunorubicin & Cytarabine Induction and Intermediate Dose Cytarabine Post-Remission Therapy, Followed by Decitabine Maintenance vs. Observation in Newly-Diagnosed Acute Myeloid Leukemia in Older Adults (Age = 60 Years)
- A Phase I Study of Metformin and Cytarabine for the Treatment of Relapsed/Refractory Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Phase II Study of Combined Tretinoin and Arsenic Trioxide for Patients with Newly Diagnosed Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia Followed by Risk-Adapted Postremission Therapy
- A Phase II Study of the BRAF Inhibitor, Vemurafenib, in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Hairy Cell Leukemia
- A Randomized Phase III Study of Standard Cytarabine plus Daunorubicin (7+3) Therapy or Idarubicin with High Dose Cytarabine (IA) versus IA with Vorinostat (IA+V) in Younger Patients with Previously Untreated Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML)
last updated: 20-Sep-14 10:59 AM
Clinical trial availability changes frequently. Please check this site often for updates or call 312.695.1102 for personal assistance.