Clinical Trial NU MD13C04
- A Phase II Trial of Oral Pazopanib plus Oral Topotecan Metronomic Antiangiogenic Therapy for Recurrent Glioblastoma Multiforme (A) without Prior Bevacizumab Exposure and (B) after Failing Prior Bevacizumab
- Principal Investigator
- Jeffrey Raizer
- Status: Accepting New Patients
- Study Type: Therapeutic, Treatment
- Protocol No:.NU MD13C04
- The goal of this clinical research study is to learn if pazopanib when given in combination with topotecan can help to control glioblastoma. The safety of this drug combination will also be studied.
- This is a phase II study, which is set up to look at the safety (side effects) and effectiveness (ability for positive change) of a new drug combination (pazopanib plus topotecan). In a phase II study, the new drug combination is tested in a group of people who have the disease or condition for which the drug was developed (recurrent glioblastoma multiforme). This is an investigational study. Pazopanib is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and commercially available for the treatment of renal cell cancer. Topotecan is FDA approved and commercially available for the treatment of lung cancer. In this study, the combination of pazopanib and topotecan is being used for research purposes only.
Some of the eligibility criteria include:
- Participants must have glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) or gliosarcoma (GS).
- Participants must have failed prior chemoradiation with temozolomide and any other therapies.
- Participants may have had treatment for no more than 2 prior relapses (the cancer has returned after prior therapy).
- Description of Treatment
- In this study participants will take topotecan and pazopanib by mouth 1 time everyday. Participants may take the study drugs for up to 1 year. The drug will be stopped if the disease gets worse, if bad side effects occur, or if the participant is unable to follow study directions.
- Sara Duffey
Clinical Research and Education Specialist
Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center
Find Related Clinical Trials
Browse by Disease Sites
Other Clinical Trials by Jeffrey Raizer
- A Phase 2, Multicenter, Open-Label Study Of BGJ398 in Patients with Recurrent Resectable or Unresectable Glioblastoma
- A Phase 1/2 Study of SL-701, a Subcutaneously Injected Multivalent Glioma-Associated Antigen Vaccine, in Adult Patients with Recurrent Glioblastoma Multiforme
- Phase I/II Dose Escalation Trial to Assess Safety of Intrathecal Trastuzumab for the Treatment of Leptomeningeal Metastases in HER2 Positive Cancer
- A Phase II Study of the Efficacy of Hypofractionated Radiation Therapy with Bevacizumab and Temozolomide Followed by Maintenance Temozolomide and Bevacizumab for Recurrent High-Grade Gliomas
- A Phase I-II trial Everolimus and Sorafenib in Patients with Recurrent High-Grade Gliomas BTTC09-01
last updated: 12-Feb-16 06:25 PM
Clinical trial availability changes frequently. Please check this site often for updates or call 312.695.1102 for personal assistance.