Clinical Trial DRUG GO28754
- A Phase II, Multicenter, Single-Arm Study of MPDL3280a in Patients with PD-L1–Positive Locally Advanced or Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Principal Investigator
- Jyoti Patel
- Status: Accepting New Patients
- Study Type: Therapeutic, Treatment
- Protocol No:.DRUG GO28754
- The purpose of this study is to look at the effects, good or bad, of MPDL3280A on patients and their non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- MPDL3280A is an experimental (study) drug, which means that health authorities have not approved MPDL3280A for the treatment of NSCLC. MPDL3280A is an antibody (a protein produced by the body's immune system) that affects the immune system by blocking the programmed cell death-1 ligand 1 (PD-L1) pathway. The PD-L1 pathway is involved in regulating the body’s natural immune response, but tumors can take advantage of this regulation to partially resist or evade the immune system. By blocking the PD L1 pathway, the study drug (MPDL3280A) may help a patient's immune system stop or reverse the growth of tumors.
Some of the eligibility criteria include:
- Participants must have advanced (stage III or IV) or recurrent (disease that has returned after prior treatment) non-small cell lung cancer.
- Participants may not have had prior chemotherapy for their advanced or recurrent cancer.
- Participants must be 18 or older.
- Description of Treatment
- Participants in this study will receive the study drug by intravenous (IV) infusion on Day 1 of each cycle. Each cycles lasts 3 weeks (21 days). If the tumor does not grow and participants are tolerating the study drug and the other study procedures, participants will continue to receive the study drug for up to 16 cycles or 12 months (whichever comes first).
- Sara Duffey
Clinical Research and Education Specialist
Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center
Find Related Clinical Trials
Browse by Disease Sites
Other Clinical Trials by Jyoti Patel
- A Phase II/III Randomized Trial of Two Doses of MK-3475 (SCH900475) versus Docetaxel in Previously Treated Subjects with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- A Study of HSP90 Inhibitor AT13387 Alone and in Combination with Crizotinib in the Treatment of Non-small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC)
- A Phase 2, Open-Label, Multicenter, Safety and Efficacy Study of Oral CO-1686 as 2nd Line EGFR-Directed TKI in Patients with Mutant EGFR Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) with the T790M Resistance Mutation
- An Open-label, Randomized Phase IIb/III Active Control Study of Second-line HyperAcute®-Lung (tergenpumatucel-L) Immunotherapy versus Docetaxel in Progressive or Relapsed Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Phase I and Randomized Phase II Double Blind Clinical Trial of Cisplatin and Etoposide in Combination with Veliparib (ABT-888) or Placebo as Frontline Therapy for Extensive Stage Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Randomized Phase III Study of Maintenance Therapy with Bevacizumab, Pemetrexed, or a Combination of Bevacizumab and Pemetrexed Following Carboplatin, Paclitaxel and Bevacizumab for Advanced Non-Squamous NSCLC
- Phase II/III Biomarker-Driven Master Protocol for Second Line Therapy of Squamous Cell Lung Cancer
- A Randomized Phase II Study of Individualized Combined Modality Therapy for Stage III Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC)
last updated: 18-Dec-14 10:22 AM
Clinical trial availability changes frequently. Please check this site often for updates or call 312.695.1102 for personal assistance.