Clinical Trial ECOG 1412
- Randomized Phase II Open Label Study of Lenalidomide R-CHOP (R2CHOP) vs RCHOP (Rituximab, Cyclophosphamide, Doxorubicin, Vincristine and Prednisone) in Patients with Newly Diagnosed Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma
- Principal Investigator
- Adam Petrich
- Status: CLOSED
- Study Type: Therapeutic, Treatment
- Protocol No:.ECOG 1412
- The purpose of this study is to find out what effects, good and/or bad, the addition of lenalidomide (also called revlimid) to standard chemotherapy (RCHOP - Rituximab, Cyclophosphamide, Doxorubicin, Vincristine and Prednisone) has on patients and their cancer.
- Everybody in this study will receive standard chemotherapy. In addition to standard chemotherapy, half of the patients will receive a medication called lenalidomide. Adding lenalidomide to the standard chemotherapy RCHOP is considered experimental in diffuse large B cell lymphoma, and is not FDA approved for this disease (though it is FDA approved for a different type of B cell lymphoma).
Some of the eligibility criteria include:
- Participants must have a diagnosis of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma that is CD20 positive.
- Participants may not have received prior treatment for their cancer.
- Participants must be 18 or older.
- Description of Treatment
- Study participants will receive up to 6 cycles of chemotherapy, with each cycle given 21 days apart. Those in group 1 (Arm A) will receive rituximab, cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, and vincristine as an intravenous infusion (IV) on day 1 of the cycle, and prednisone orally on day 1 to 5 of each cycle (this combination is called RCHOP). In addition, participants in this group will receive lenalidomide by mouth for 10 days of each cycle. This treatment will be repeated every 21 days. Participants assigned to group 2 (Arm B) will also receive identical RCHOP treatment, on the same schedule, but will not receive lenalidomide.
- Sara Duffey
Clinical Research and Education Specialist
Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center
Find Related Clinical Trials
Browse by Disease Sites
Other Clinical Trials by Adam Petrich
- A Phase II, Open-Label Study Evaluating the Safety and Efficacy of GDC-0199 (ABT-199) Plus Bendamustine Plus Rituximab (BR) in Comparison with BR Alone or GDC-0199 Plus Rituximab (R) in Patients with Relapsed and Refractory Follicular Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
- A Randomized, Open-label, Phase 3 Trial of A+AVD Versus ABVD as Frontline Therapy in Patients With Advanced Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma
- An Open-Label, Dose Escalation, Phase 1, First-in-Human Study of TAK-659 in Adult Patients with Advanced Solid Tumor and Lymphoma Malignancies
- A Phase I-II Trial of Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Rituximab as Frontline Therapy for Patients with CD30+ and/or EBV+ Lymphomas
- Phase II Study of Romidepsin Plus Lenalidomide for Patients with Previously Untreated PTCL
- A Phase II Clinical Trial Evaluating Ibrutinib Maintenance Following Intensive Induction for Patients with Previously Untreated Mantle Cell Lymphoma (MCL)
last updated: 02-Aug-15 01:19 AM
Clinical trial availability changes frequently. Please check this site often for updates or call 312.695.1102 for personal assistance.