Clinical Trial DRUG C25003
- A Randomized, Open-label, Phase 3 Trial of A+AVD Versus ABVD as Frontline Therapy in Patients With Advanced Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Principal Investigator
- Adam Petrich
- Status: Accepting New Patients
- Study Type: Therapeutic, Treatment
- Protocol No:.DRUG C25003
- The main purpose of this study is to measure how well standard treatment plus brentuximab vedotin works compared with a standard treatment alone for Hodgkin lymphoma.
- This study includes an investigational drug called brentuximab vedotin (also known as ADCETRIS®). ADCETRIS targets CD30, a protein on the surface of certain cells (a “marker”) that is found on some types of cancers such as Hodgkin lymphoma (HL). ADCETRIS targets CD30 on the cancer cell surface and may cause the cancer cells to die. ADCETRIS has been approved in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for treatment of some types of lymphoma in patients where other therapies have failed. The use of ADCETRIS in this study is experimental (investigational), which means that the drug has not been approved by the FDA for use in patients who have not received any prior treatment for their HL (also known as frontline therapy).
Some of the eligibility criteria include:
- Participants must have a diagnosis of Hodgkin lymphoma and may not have had prior treatment for their cancer.
- Participants must be 18 or older.
- Description of Treatment
- Study participants will be randomly assigned (like flipping a coin) to one of two groups of treatment (Arm A or Arm B). Half of the patients will be assigned to Arm A and the other half of the patients will be assigned to Arm B. Arm A includes ADCETRIS, in combination with drugs that are commonly used for frontline therapy, while Arm B is a commonly prescribed frontline therapy regimen that does not contain ADCETRIS.
- Sara Duffey
Clinical Research and Education Specialist
Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center
Find Related Clinical Trials
Browse by Disease Sites
Other Clinical Trials by Adam Petrich
- An Open-Label, Dose Escalation, Phase 1, First-in-Human Study of TAK-659 in Adult Patients with Advanced Solid Tumor and Lymphoma Malignancies
- A Phase I-II Trial of Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Rituximab as Frontline Therapy for Patients with CD30+ and/or EBV+ Lymphomas
- A Phase II Clinical Trial Evaluating Ibrutinib Maintenance Following Intensive Induction for Patients with Previously Untreated Mantle Cell Lymphoma (MCL)
- A Phase II Trial of PET-Directed Therapy for Limited Stage Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma (DLBCL)
last updated: 27-Mar-15 10:57 PM
Clinical trial availability changes frequently. Please check this site often for updates or call 312.695.1102 for personal assistance.