Clinical Trial DRUG CSTI571A2406
- An Open Label, Multi-Center Imatinib Roll-Over Protocol for Patients who Have Completed a Previous Novartis sponsored Imatinib Study and are Judged by the Investigator to Benefit from Continued Imatinib Treatment
- Principal Investigator
- Olga Frankfurt
- Status: Accepting New Patients
- Study Type: Therapeutic, Treatment
- Protocol No:.DRUG CSTI571A2406
- The purpose of this study is to allow continued use of imatinib (the study drug) for treatment of Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor (GIST) or chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) and to collect long term safety data.
- Imatinib is designed to stop an enzyme (protein) that causes certain cancer cells to grow and is used for the treatment of GIST and certain types of CML. Participants in this study have been a part of an earlier study and benefited from treatment with imatinib.
Some of the eligibility criteria include:
- Participants are currently enrolled in a Novartis sponsored study receiving imatinib and are compliant (have followed all the rules of the other study).
- Description of Treatment
- Participants will start with the same dose of imatinib that they received in the previous study. Imatinib is a capsule that is taken by mouth. The study doctor may change a participant's dose depending on how they respond. Participants will remain on imatinib until the study ends or until the study doctor decides it is in their best interest to stop.
- Sara Duffey
Clinical Research and Education Specialist
Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center
Find Related Clinical Trials
Browse by Disease Sites
Other Clinical Trials by Olga Frankfurt
- CALGB 10701: A Phase II Study of Dasatinib (Sprycel®) (Ind #73969, Nsc #732517) as Primary Therapy Followed by Transplantation for Adults = 18 Years with Newly Diagnosed Ph+ Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia by CALGB, ECOG and SWOG
- An Open-label, Randomized Phase 3 Study of Inotuzumab Ozogamicin Compared to a Defined Investigator’s Choice in Adult Patients with Relapsed or Refractory CD22-Positive Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL)
- Phase III, Multicenter, Randomized, Trial Of CPX-351 (Cytarabine:Daunorubicin) Liposome Injection Versus Cytarabine and Daunorubicin in Patients 60-75 Years Of Age with Untreated High Risk (Secondary) AML
- A Phase 1/2 Study of CNDO-109-Activated Allogeneic Natural Killer Cells in Patients with High Risk Acute Myeloid Leukemia in First Complete Remission (CR1)
- A Phase 1 Study of the Safety, Pharmacokinetics, and Pharmacodynamics of Escalating Oral Doses of the Glutaminase Inhibitor CB-839 in Patients with Relapsed and/or Treatment-Refractory Leukemia
- A Randomized, Open Label, Phase 2 Study of the Selective Inhibitor of Nuclear Export (SINE) Selinexor (KPT-330) Versus Specified Physician’s Choice in Patients = 60 Years Old with Relapsed/Refractory Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Who are Ineligible for Intensive Chemotherapy and/or Transplantation
last updated: 25-Oct-14 05:13 AM
Clinical trial availability changes frequently. Please check this site often for updates or call 312.695.1102 for personal assistance.