Clinical Trial NU FC11S02
- Phase II Study Evaluating the Role of Pazopanib in Angiosarcoma (OER-SAR-043)
- Principal Investigator
- Mark Agulnik
- Status: CLOSED
- Study Type: Therapeutic, Treatment
- Protocol No:.NU FC11S02
- The goal of this study is to find out what effects, good and/or bad, pazopanib has on patients and their angiosarcoma.
- The standard treatment for angiosarcoma is surgery to remove the cancer; however, these tumors have a high chance of returning, leading to the need for systemic therapy. Few effective systemic therapy options exist for angiosarcoma. Pazopanib is a drug that has shown encouraging activity in previous studies of other types of sarcomas. In laboratory testing pazopanib has shown anti-angiogenic effects (it stops or slows the growth of blood vessels to the cancer). Other drugs that have anti-angiogenic effects have been effective in fighting angiosarcoma, so researchers hope that pazopanib will have therapeutic activity in this disease.
Some of the eligibility criteria include:
- Participants must have angiosarcoma that cannot be removed with surgery.
- Participants must have had at least one prior treatment regimen for their angiosarcoma.
- Participants must be 18 or older.
- Description of Treatment
- Participants in this study will take pazopanib pills by mouth every day until the pills stop working or until the participant has too many side effects.
- Sara Duffey
Clinical Research and Education Specialist
Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center
Find Related Clinical Trials
Browse by Disease Sites
Other Clinical Trials by Mark Agulnik
- Carboplatin-Paclitaxel Induction chemotherapy and ABT-888 (Veliparib) – a Phase 1/Randomized Phase 2 Study in Patients with Locoregionally Advanced Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Head and Neck
- A Phase III Randomized Trial of Adding Vincristine-topotecan-cyclophosphamide to Standard Chemotherapy in Initial Treatment of Non-metastatic Ewing Sarcoma
- Pazopanib Neoadjuvant Trial In Non-Rhabdomyosarcoma Soft Tissue Sarcomas (PAZNTIS): A Phase II/III Randomized Trial of Preoperative Chemoradiation or Preoperative Radiation Plus or Minus Pazopanib (NSC# 737754, IND# 118613)
- A Phase II, Multicenter Study of the EZH2 Inhibitor Tazemetostat in Adult Subjects with INI1-Negative Tumors or Relapsed/Refractory Synovial Sarcoma
- A Randomized, Open-Label, Phase 2 Trial of CMB305 (Sequentially Administered LV305 and G305) and Atezolizumab in Patients with Locally Advanced, Relapsed, or Metastatic Sarcoma Expressing NY-ESO-1
- Multicenter, Open-Label Phase II Study of Daily Oral Regorafenib for Chemotherapy-Refractory, Metastatic and Locally Advanced Angiosarcoma
- A Phase II Study of Pazopanib with Oral Topotecan in Patients with Metastatic and Non-resectable Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcomas
- A Blanket Protocol to Study Oral Regorafenib in Patients with Refractory Liposarcoma, Osteogenic Sarcoma, and Ewing/Ewing–Like Sarcomas
- A Phase II Study of Pazopanib as Front-Line Therapy in Patients with Non-Resectable or Metastatic Soft Tissue Sarcomas Who Are Not Candidates for Chemotherapy
last updated: 22-Feb-17 04:02 PM
Clinical trial availability changes frequently. Please check this site often for updates or call 312.695.1102 for personal assistance.