Genomics Core Facility
The Genomics Core at the Center for Genetic Medicine is a shared resource facility that provides a wide range of services to Cancer Center members and the Northwestern University research community. Our goal is to provide services using the state-of-the-art technologies at an affordable price. We provide expression analysis and SNP analysis using both Affymetrix and Illumina platforms, RT-PCR and low density SNP analysis using 7900HT from ABI, RNA quality control using the Agilent 2100, DNA sequencing using 3730 from ABI, custom array fabrication using MicroGridII and high through put DNA extraction by Autopure LS from Gentra.
- Autopure LS from Qiagene
- 7900HT ABI PRISM - Applied Biosystems
- Two N-1000 Spectrophotometer - NanoDrop Technologies
- Complete GeneChip Instrument System - Affymetrix
- BeadStation 500GXW- Illumina
- 4000XL Scanner - PerkinElmer
- 7-Avanti-25 Centrifuge - Beckman Coulter
- SerialMate liquid handling machine - Matrix
- MAUI HYB system -BioMicro
- Micro Grid II - Genomic Solutions
- 3730 DNA Sequencer - AppliedBisosytems
- 3130XL DNA Sequencer - AppliedBisosytems
- Basic equipments necessary to perform molecular biology techniques including PCR machines, incubators, centrifuges, water baths, freezers and etc.
- Project design consultation
- Genotyping services
- High Through put DNA extraction
- SNP Analysis
- Low density SNP analysis
- Medium density SNP analysis (Golden Gate Assays)
- High density SNP Analysis
- Whole Genome Amplification
- Expression profiling services
- Custom array printing
- Pre-fabricated arrays processing
- Affymetrix platform.
- Illumina platform..
- Custom array labeling and hybridization
- cDNA-Mediated annealing, selection extension and Ligation (DASL) Assay
- MicroRNA Microarray
- Globin mRNA reduction from blood total RNA
- RNA quality control
- DNA Sequencing
- Educational Activities for users
- Instrument usage by investigators
- 7900HT from ABI
- Scan Array 4000 from PerkinElmer
Nadereh Jafari, PhD
Ward building at 303 East Chicago Avenue, Room 9-148.
On July 17th, 2013 this facility will re-locate to:
300 E Superior Street, Tarry Building 2-770.