Northwestern Integrative Medicine
Northwestern Integrative Medicine (NIM) combines conventional and complementary therapies to aid in the healing process. It engages the mind, body, spirit and community and focuses on lifestyle choices. Whether your cancer was recently diagnosed or is currently in remission, the potential benefits of the integrative healing approach are varied and significant. The program is run by Melinda Ring, MD, of the Northwestern Memorial Physicians Group.
The following services are available at NIM:
- Integrative Medicine Consults to develop a wellness plan
- Naturopathic Consults and Functional Nutrition Consults
- Traditional Chinese Medicine/Acupuncture
- Mind-Body therapies such as relaxation therapies, biofeedback, guided imagery and cognitive-behavioral therapy with trained Health Psychologists
- Energy Therapies including Reiki and Healing Touch
- Massage Therapies including Deep tissue, Relaxation, Craniosacral Therapy and Manual Lymphatic Drainage
- Dietary supplements, herbal therapy and homeopathy
Call 312.926.DOCS (3627) for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Northwestern Integrative Medicine is located in the Avenue Office tower at 150 E. Huron, Suite 1100, Chicago, IL
NOTE: Patient receiving cancer services at Northwestern may receive three complimentary services (with a referral from their treatment provider).
For details about this special opportunity, please view the Accessing Program 360: Integrative Oncology Component, The Cancer Patient's Guide.