Patient and Family Advisory Board
The Patient and Family Advisory Board brings together cancer survivors, caregivers, physicians, nurses, support staff, and educators for the purpose of advancing the Lurie Cancer Center's understanding and commitment to the delivery of quality cancer care in a patient and family centered manner.
Core Values: Welcoming spirit, Cooperation, Respect for others opinions, Confidentiality
The Board, which meets quarterly, serves as a "voice" for patients.
The Board consists of patients, caregivers, and health care providers who work together to:
- Strengthen coordination and communications among patients, families and the Lurie Cancer Center health care team members.
- Promote patient/family advocacy and involvement in the care and treatment process.
- Enhance the patient and family experience.
- Assist in the planning of new patient-related programs
- Serve as a resource on a wide variety of issues, services and policies
Board members are diverse in terms of age, gender and cultural background. Together, they listen, communicate, plan and develop services that shape the delivery of cancer care.
How to get involved:
To learn more about becoming a member of the Patient and Family Advisory Board, call 312-695-1390 or e-mail email@example.com. A two-year term is required. Click here to download membership application.