Friday, January 17, 20149:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Mecklenburg Conference Room
251 E. Huron St., Chicago
On Friday, January 17, 2014, the Lurie Cancer Center, the American College of Prosthodontists and the American Academy of Maxillofacial Prosthetics will present the Staffileno Head and Neck Cancer Dental Symposium.
It will focus on the integral role of the dental team working in conjunction with the medical team and feature educational sessions on diagnosis, disease treatment and long-term management of Head and Neck cancer patients.
- Discuss current technologies available for the screening of premalignant lesions and the role of the dental health care professional in the early detection and prevention of oral cancer
- Understand the surgical principals of oral reconstruction and the latest advances in laser surgery that permit minimally-invasive approaches.
- Identify the need for aggressive pre-radiation dental care in head and neck cancer patients
- Discuss advances in radiation oncology in the treatment and management of Head and Neck Cancer including new technologies that help decrease salivary gland toxicity.
- Describe the effective multidisciplinary strategies to maximize benefits and survivorship in Head and Neck Cancer
- Identify the important role of the dental professional in prosthesis fabrication and oral health maintenance.
Dentists, dental specialists, prosthodontists, maxillofacial specialists, dental hygienists, medical students and fellows, medical and dental industry representatives
The American College of Prosthodontists is an ADA-CERP recognized provider of continuing education. This course has been pre-approved for 5 hours of credit.
Daily discounted parking is available at the 321 E. Erie Self-Park Garage (corner of Erie St. & Fairbanks Ct). The early-bird flat rate is $14 if you arrive between 5 am and 9:30 a.m. and depart by 7:30 p.m. Discounted parking is not available at any other garage.
For additional information, please contact Megan Cahill, manager of Education Programs, or call 312.695.1391.