Clinical Trial DRUG 010
- A Phase II/III Randomized Trial of Two Doses of MK-3475 (SCH900475) versus Docetaxel in Previously Treated Subjects with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Principal Investigator
- Jyoti Patel
- Status: CLOSED
- Study Type: Therapeutic, Treatment
- Protocol No:.DRUG 010
- The purpose of this study is to test the safety and tolerability of the research study drug, MK-3475, and to test how effective it is compared to the standard of care, docetaxel, for non-small cell lung cancer.
- This is a research study to test MK-3475, a drug that has not been approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for sale in this country. Docetaxel is FDA approved for sale in the United States and other countries and may be available by prescription for patients with non-small cell lung cancer.
Some of the eligibility criteria include:
- Participants must have non-small cell lung cancer that has progressed (gotten worse) after prior treatment on a platinum-based chemotherapy regimen.
- Participants must be 18 or older.
- Description of Treatment
- Participants in this study will be assigned by chance to get either the study drug, MK-3475 or docetaxel. Both drugs are given through the vein (IV) every 3 weeks.
- Sara Duffey
Clinical Research and Education Specialist
Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center
Find Related Clinical Trials
Browse by Disease Sites
Other Clinical Trials by Jyoti Patel
- Randomized Double Blind Placebo Controlled Study of Erlotinib or Placebo in Patients with Completely Resected Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR) Mutant Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC)
- A Phase 2, Open-Label, Multicenter, Safety and Efficacy Study of Oral CO-1686 as 2nd Line EGFR-Directed TKI in Patients with Mutant EGFR Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) with the T790M Resistance Mutation
- A Randomized, Open-Label, Phase II Study of CO-1686 or Erlotinib as First-Line Treatment of Patients with EGFR-Mutant Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC)
- A Phase II, Multicenter, Single-Arm Study of MPDL3280a in Patients with PD-L1–Positive Locally Advanced or Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- An Open-label, Randomized Phase IIb/III Active Control Study of Second-line HyperAcute®-Lung (tergenpumatucel-L) Immunotherapy versus Docetaxel in Progressive or Relapsed Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Phase I and Randomized Phase II Double Blind Clinical Trial of Cisplatin and Etoposide in Combination with Veliparib (ABT-888) or Placebo as Frontline Therapy for Extensive Stage Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Randomized Phase III Study of Maintenance Therapy with Bevacizumab, Pemetrexed, or a Combination of Bevacizumab and Pemetrexed Following Carboplatin, Paclitaxel and Bevacizumab for Advanced Non-Squamous NSCLC
- Phase II/III Biomarker-Driven Master Protocol for Second Line Therapy of Squamous Cell Lung Cancer
- A Randomized Phase II Study of Individualized Combined Modality Therapy for Stage III Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC)
last updated: 27-Apr-15 02:07 AM
Clinical trial availability changes frequently. Please check this site often for updates or call 312.695.1102 for personal assistance.