Multiple endocrine neoplasia 1 and 2 patients and their families are invited to this half-day educational seminar presented by the Lurie Cancer Center. Boxed lunch and discounted parking will be provided to all registered guests. This program is presented in partnership with American Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Support.
Reception to follow at the Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile with American Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Support. For those traveling for the seminar, a special rate of $149 is also offered at the Hyatt. Please call the hotel at (312) 787-1234 to reserve and ask for the "Hageman Foundation rate."
Participants are encouraged to join us for Cancer Connections from 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. the morning of the M.E.N. seminar. Please see the Cancer Connections page for more information about the program. Topics include: Nutrition, Clinical Trials, Finding Inspiration, Fitness, and Caregivers' Networking.
- Genetics of MEN
- Genetic Counseling
- MEN in Children
- Pancreatic Surgery for MEN 1
- Carcinoids and Neuroendrocrine Tumors
- Management of Men 1 Pituitary Tumors
- Adrenal Tumors in MEN 1 and MEN 2
- Hyperparathyroidism in MEN 1 and MEN 2
- Medullary Cancer in MEN 2
- Targeted Agents and Clinical Trials for Medullary Thyroid Cancer
- Long-term follow up of MEN patients
- Stephen Marx, MD, National Institutes of Health, NIDDK Genetics and Endocrinology
- Mark Agulnik, MD, Northwestern Medicine, Medical Oncology
- David Bentrem, MD, Northwestern Medicine, Surgical Oncology
- Orin Bloch, MD, Northwestern Medicine, Neurosurgery
- Dina Elaraj, MD, Northwestern Medicine, Endocrine Surgery
- Taya Fallen, MS, CGC, Northwestern Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinical Genetics
- Peter Kopp, MD, Northwestern Medicine, Endocrinology
- Mary Mulcahy, MD, Northwestern Medicine, Medical Oncology
- Cord Sturgeon, MD, Northwestern Medicine, Endocrine Surgery
- Dan Toft, MD, PhD, Northwestern Medicine, Endocrinology
- Don Zimmerman, MD, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, Pediatric Endocrinology
A multidisciplinary MEN clinic will be held on Monday, March 24, 2014 at the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center for anyone who would like to have a comprehensive evaluation with the physicians, surgeons, genetic counselors, and other specialists from Northwestern Medicine. To schedule an appointment to see our clinical specialists, please call (312) 695-0900. Normal charges will be applied.
Discounted parking is available at the Northwestern Memorial Hospital Huron / St. Clair Parking Garage. Vouchers will be available at event check-in; please bring $7 exact change. Be aware that construction has closed Erie St. to through traffic between St Clair and Fairbanks Court. Please consult this map for alternate routes to the garage.