Multiple endocrine neoplasia (MEN) 1 and 2 patients and their families are invited to this half-day educational seminar presented by the Lurie Cancer Center. Boxed lunch and discounted parking will be provided to all registered guests. This program is presented in partnership with American Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Support.
Reception to follow with American Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Support.
- Genetics of MEN
- Why See a Genetic Counselor?
- What is Oncofertility?
- How Does MEN Affect Kids?
- Pheochromocytoma and Pregnancy
- Psychological Issues for Patients with MEN
- Acute and Chronic Adrenal Insufficiency
- Pituitary Adenomas
- Treatments for Metastatic NET (or MTC)
- My Hyperparathyroidism Came Back. Now What Do I Do?
- How to Find Clinical Trials
- Orin Bloch, MD, Northwestern Medicine, Neurosurgery
- Sara Duffey, Lurie Cancer Center
- Taya Fallen, MS, CGC, Northwestern Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinical Genetics
- Peter Kopp, MD, Northwestern Medicine, Endocrinology
- Cord Sturgeon, MD, Northwestern Medicine, Endocrine Surgery
- Kristin Smith, Lurie Cancer Center
- Dan Toft, MD, PhD, Northwestern Medicine, Endocrinology
- Don Zimmerman, MD, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, Pediatric Endocrinology
A multi-disciplinary MEN clinic will be held on Friday, July 24, and Monday, July 27, at the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center for anyone who would like to have a comprehensive exam with the physicians, surgeons, genetic counselors, and other specialists from Northwestern Medicine. To schedule an appointment, please call practice manager Toddie Hays at (312) 695-6681. Normal charges will be applied.
Discounted parking is available at the Northwestern Memorial Hospital Huron / St. Clair Parking Garage. Vouchers will be available at event check-in; please bring $7 exact change. Be aware that construction has closed Erie St. to through traffic between St Clair and Fairbanks Court. Please consult this map for alternate routes to the garage.